Westcreek Houses For Sale in North West San Antonio
GENERAL WESTCREEK INFO
VWOA is a non-profit entity, incorporated in the State of Texas in 1987. Until 1994 there existed both a Property Owners Association and a Home Owners Association, which are still reflected in many of the Association’s legal documents. In 1994, the two Associations were legally merged into the single Villages of Westcreek Owners Association (VWOA). All owners, whether residing in the community or not, are members of VWOA.
VWOA is headed by a Board of Directors which is assisted by various Committees. The Board and committees conduct the business of VWOA on behalf of the community, using as basic guidance the Bylaws, various Resolutions, and a Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs).
VWOA owns common property to include a community pool and sports park, which are for the use of members and their guests. The common property maintenance, as well as other business of the Association, is paid for by owner assessments (paid quarterly).
MAIN PURPOSES OF THE WESTCREEK ASSOCIATION
- To provide maintenance services to the properties which it owns or administers.
- To protect the investment and enhance the value of the property owned by its members.
- To provide an efficient mechanism for numerous people with diverse interests, backgrounds, and living habits to live in a proximity and to share common possessions with a minimum of inconvenience and loss of personal rights.
- To provide the environment within which social contacts between neighbors can develop spontaneously.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF THE WESTCREEK ASSOCIATION
- Keep the members involved in the operation of their Association.
- Provide an atmosphere for community self-determination.
- Deal with problems which the community recognizes as its problems.
- Inform all members of operating problems by involving them in the decision-making process.
- Encourage leadership growth and community self-understanding.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- Become familiar with and comply with the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions and other Association legal documents as they apply to the individual member.
- Pay all assessments on time and in full.
- Participate whenever possible in the decision-making process.
- Make all criticism constructive.
- Assume responsibility to get a job done by being persistent but patient.
- Practice being open and honest with other members but consider the effects of such action.
The Westcreek Sports Park is private property, owned by the Association and maintained with funds from the annual budget, for the use and enjoyment of owners in good standing, residents, and their guests.
Located at 12354 Military Dr., the park includes:
- Two Pools (one at the community center)
- Walking trail
- Two tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Volleyball court
- Softball diamond
- Football/Soccer field
- Picnic Area
- Picnic Pavilion
Authorized users may bring guests to the pool. The pool may be reserved for private parties after normal operating hours (8:00 pm – 10:00 pm) by contacting the Community Office at (210) 679-8761.
The following public schools serve Westcreek children:
- Galm Elementary School (inside the community), 1454 Saxonhill Dr., 397-1150
- Ott Elementary School (inside the community), 100 N. Grosenbacher, 397-5550
- Luna Middle School (inside the community), 200 N. Grosenbacher, 397-5300
- Stevens High School 600 N. Ellison, 397-6450
- William J. Brennan High School 2400 Cottonwood Way, 398-1250
- Northside Independent School District, 5900 Evers, 397-8500
Search Westcreek Area Homes and Real Estate For Sale