Judson High School Homes and Houses For Sale in Converse (San Antonio) Texas -
Judson HS Mission Statement:
All Judson ISD students will receive a quality education enabling them to become successful in a global society.
Judson HS Vision Statement:
Judson ISD is producing excellence.
Judson H.S. is a public High School in Converse just North East of San Antonio. It was established in 1959 and is part of the Judson Independent School District (JISD). The school was named after Moses Judson.
For a portion of its history up through 2010, Judson High School used a dual campus system wherein juniors and seniors attended the "Red Campus" and freshmen and sophomores attended the "Gray Campus." Previous to this dual campus system, Judson also had an atypical structure because it only housed grades 10-12 with the middle schools supporting grades 7-9. These structural departures from a typical high school system were due to efforts to accommodate the area's rapid population growth.
However, a single new school building now houses all the facilities with the exception of the agriculture facilities. The numerous original buildings which constituted the Red Campus were razed in 2011 to make way for the new athletic fields and tennis courts. The Gray Campus has been re-purposed into the Judson Middle School. The Performing Arts Center (PAC), which was constructed in 1998, houses the band, choir, orchestra, and drama classes. The PAC facility has a recital hall that seats 216 individuals, while the auditorium has 840 seats. The PAC facility is physically connected to Judson High School via vestibule.
The school newspaper is "The Fuel" and the yearbook is "The Rocket."
Up until 2005, Judson was the sole high school within the JISD. In 2005, the new Wagner High School was launched which drew students from Judson. With Judson and Wagner, there are currently two main high schools in the JISD.
Judson school colors are Red and Grey with the mascot being the Rockets.